The Department of Human Development, Education and Culture (DHDEC) presents its compliments to the Permanent Mission of the Organization of American States (OAS) and has the honor to inform about the scholarships opportunities offered by the OAS and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET), in a joint effort to promote the education in the Americas by scholarships for Postdoctoral and Short Term Training and Research Scholarships.
Call for scholarship applications: starting December, 2011 and ending March 30th, 2012.
Types of scholarships:
- Postdoctoral Scholarships
- Short Term Training and Research Scholarships
Length of scholarship:
The Postdoctoral Scholarships have a minimum duration of twelve (12) months and a maximum of twenty-four (24) months, not renewable and are designated to candidates which have finalized their doctoral training.
The Short the Term Training and Research Scholarships have a duration of three (3) to six (6) months, are not renewable and are designated to candidates which have finalized their masters or doctoral training.
- Be a national or a legal permanent resident of any OAS Member State with the exception of Argentina.
- Have finalized a master’s or doctorate degree.
- Be in generally good health to complete the program successfully.
- Be fluent in Spanish.
- Age limit: no older than 35 years old on or by December 31, 2011.
- Agree to return to reside in the sponsoring country for a period of no less than 12 months after completing the program of study covered by the scholarship.
- Submit the recommendation forms available through CONICET’s system. The OAS will not accept incomplete or late applications.
All applicants must fill out the online application which needs to be printed once completed. The presentation and procedures of the applications will be processed through the CONICET’s SIGEVA database system.
Applicants must send their complete and printed applications, by the established deadline, to: Organization of American States
Department of Human Development, Education & Culture
1889 F Street, NW, 6th Floor Washington DC, 20006 UNITED STATES
Questions and Concerns
Applicants should direct their questions to:
email@example.com indicating in the subject of the email “CONICET-OAS”
Applicants who would like to verify if their printed application was received by the OAS should contact firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject of the email “CONICET-OAS”
Please find all the information about these programs in the attached announcement in Spanish and in the Educational Portal of the Americas: www.educoas.org
The Department of Human Development, Education and Culture of the OAS is sending a copy of this official communication to the National Liaison Offices and the Offices of the OAS in the Member States for their information and for dissemination purposes only.
The OAS/DHDEC reiterates to the Mission its sentiments of highest esteem and consideration. Washington DC, December 19th, 2011